FORTUNE Brainstorm Health Virtual
FORTUNE Brainstorm Health is going virtual, and our extraordinary community of corporate leaders, thinkers, inventors, entrepreneurs, and health policy innovators will gather for a series of conversations exploring our theme “The New Paradigm.”
FORTUNE Brainstorm Health: The New Paradigm
Join Fortune’s Virtual Brainstorm Health Community: an exclusive network of corporate leaders, thinkers, inventors, entrepreneurs, and health policy innovators.
Our virtual conference on July 7 and 8 (12pm-2pm ET/9am-11am PT) will focus on what we’ve learned from the COVID-19 pandemic, how we must reinvent health care and well-being, and how we can weather the continuing storm—and prepare for the next. We will also gather for several conversations in June, and two wrap-up conversations in July.
All of these virtual conversations will be enlightening, interactive, and engaging, and offer our community the opportunity to engage with peers and learn from leaders and innovators across the health and technology realms. Expect lots of interactivity, including in breakout sessions, the ability to ask questions of top-notch speakers, networking opportunities and more….
Confirmed speakers include: FORTUNE 500 CEOs from Johnson & Johnson, Amgen, Baxter, Centene, Bristol Myers Squibb; CEOs and senior leaders from Merck, Walmart, Intermountain Healthcare, Bank of America, GE Healthcare, IBM Watson Health, Google Health, Mayo Clinic, and Verily; and Government leaders at forefront of the crisis including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator, the FDA Principal Deputy Commissioner, and the Director of the National Institute of Mental Health.
Topics to be discussed include:
REOPENING. REIMAGINING. REGAINING TRUST
Business as usual is a thing of the past as we reopen after a months-long shutdown. We’ll explore what smart, healthy business engagement looks like in the ever-changing new normal—and how companies are innovating, and even expanding, beyond the four walls of their old corporate domains. We’ll probe some bold ideas—and technologies—that can assist us in this journey.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH AT THE CENTER
COVID-19 has placed employees front and center of their companies as never before. Yet, companies face new challenges to the health and well-being of their workforce, made more acute by months of social isolation and anxiety in the age of pandemic. At Brainstorm Health, we’ll ask the smartest minds how companies can help their workers thrive.
AFTER THE PANDEMIC: TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION DRIVING BETTER PUBLIC HEALTH
The pandemic hasn’t stalled emerging technologies. Rather, it has given them—from A.I. and 5G to machine learning and robotics—all new use cases. We’ll dive into the latest breakthroughs in medical science and intervention and examine the coming generation of treatments, vaccines, and testing—with the women and men discovering them.
LEARNING FROM CRISIS: HOW DO LEADERS MAKE BETTER DECISIONS?
The COVID-19 crisis has made it clear that the world has changed, and every organization is faced with thriving or failing in an unfamiliar landscape. How do leaders move forward when many they lead are still hopeful for a return to old routines? A candid conversation on leadership, quick decision making, and that rare combination of traits that drive organizations forward: empathy and vision.
REINVENTING THE HOSPITAL
Many legacy health care systems and hospitals were in dire shape before the coronavirus. Without regular elective surgeries, they now face a dramatic reduction in revenue, and some are on the verge of bankruptcy. How has the COVID-19 crisis made an already dysfunctional health care system even more so? How can we repair it and invest in resiliency going forward? How can technology help reinvent the hospital? And most importantly: What can we learn from the best?
BEHAVIOR CHANGE: THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE IN OUR NEW NORMAL
As society reemerges from a cold stop , how do we get people to listen and make safe decisions? We’ll speak with leading behavior experts on how to persuade people to make the right choices by looking at lessons learned from unwise choices made during the pandemic. How do we help those stuck in old, destructive lifestyle, food, and exercise patterns? And how do we address the existing health inequalities between communities?
THE SECRET TO FIGHTING COVID: COLLABORATION
The race to understand and beat back the COVID-19 pandemic is producing unprecedented collaborations between the tech and health care industries. Organizations are sharing knowledge to accelerate the development and production of diagnostics, therapies, and vaccines. Health care companies are reimagining the consumer experience to provide faster, smarter, and more expansive access. Funders and donors are pouring money into all of these efforts. We will explore the many collaborations sparking innovation.
Brainstorm Health Co-chairs
Dr. David B. Agus
Co-chair, Fortune Brainstorm Health; Prof. of Medicine and Engineering; Founding Dir. and CEO, Lawrence J. Ellison Institute, Transformative Medicine
University of Southern California
Co-chair, Fortune Brainstorm Health; Founder and CEO
Editor-in-Chief, FORTUNE and Co-chair
We invite you to be part of Fortune’s Virtual Brainstorm Health Community and join an exclusive network of executives at the intersection of business and health care.
Your registration fee includes:
• A series of virtual conversations, the highlight of which will be the Fortune Virtual Brainstorm Health Conference, held on July 7-8, from 12:00–2:00 pm ET both days. The sessions, hosted from New York and Los Angeles, will feature keynote speakers, expert panels, and interactive sessions offering timely information on the most pressing topics of the day, as well as additional small-group breakout sessions.
• Registrants are also invited to join us for four small-group interactive conversations, scheduled one per week throughout the month of June, and two small-group wrap-up conversations following the July conference. These editorial-led discussions will allow attendees to explore topics tailored to their specific interests, engage with peers, and synthesize the themes addressed during the two-day conference.
• A recording of the July Virtual Conference will be available on demand after the event.
• Complimentary three-month access to Fortune Premium, where you will gain access to the best of business all in one place: subscriber-only online stories and archives, weekly proprietary survey data, quarterly investment guides, exclusive list analysis, an on-demand video library, and much more.
• Complimentary six-month subscription for you or a team member to Fortune Connect, a new leadership training platform which combines specialized Fortune content, individual training, and networking opportunities. Fortune Connect will launch in September 2020.
For Speaker Inquiries:
For Participation Inquiries:
For Sponsorship Inquiries:
Elizabeth Parks and Monica Sembler
For Press Inquiries:
Senior Manager of Brand Communications, FORTUNE